Friday, June 5, 2009

Things Are Starting to Look Up

If you have been reading my blog, and you read my post that I added a couple days ago, you'll know that boyfriend and I have been having some financial problems. Well, I thought everything would be fine, or we would at least be able to make rent and buy a few groceries, but that wasn't the case.

Kody got his check last night and it turned out we were a hundred dollars short for rent. My heart dropped when we found out. All I could do was cry, because he works so hard at work, and I just felt terrible. He just found out that his commission was lowered from 9% to 4%, when the other departments are still at 9%. And it turns out he got a couple orders returned on him so that was why his check was lower than it was suppose to be.

We had no choice but to ask someone for help. We both hate asking for help, but we had to put our pride aside and just do it, because we really had no other choice. So, I called up my mom this morning and I told her what was up and that we needed money, so she was willing to wire us some money to pay the rest of rent. I feel so grateful to her, and I am so appreciative that she let us borrow the money to get by. She knows how much I hate asking for help, and I've never asked her for money, during the three years I've been on my own. I'm just so glad she let us borrow the money. And as soon as we get the money to pay her back, that is what we are doing.

We also got some more good news today! Kody and I have been trying to sell some books on Amazon and we got our first buyer today! He bought my old physics book from last year for abotu $30 bucks. Unfortunatly, it went to Kody's old account which has a negative balance because the check we gave to Meijer two weeks ago went through and it went over .11 in the account. After we deposit a couple more dollars into that account, we will no longer have that to worry about. I was kind of disapointed that we wouldn't have that extra money but at least we won't have to pay that money back later and we wont get another fee added on.

Despite the fact that we had to ask my mom to help us pay for rent, I'm so happy, and I hope that things continue to get better. I try not to let the worrying overcome me, but last night it did. Usually Kody is the one to do all the worrying, but for once it was me. But he reminded me, and himself, that it's not the end of the world and we aren't going to roll over and die because of this one thing. The summer is going to be hard, but as soon as school starts and we get our refund checks we'll have some money to help us pay for rent and credit cards. We may not have any money to go out tonight, but at least we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. We also have each other, and those are the most important things right now.

Jessica
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment